CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Never again!

Last night I *accidentally* stayed up until 3. I was just writing and filling in stuff, and then...yeah. 3 am said 'hello' and then I said, 'good night!' But apparently my brain wasn't ready to shut down, and I kept going on with the story in my head. It was pretty good, and I thought, "oh man, i do NOT want to start up my laptop AGAIN and write this all down!" I thought, "I'll remember this. I won't forget."

HA. I woke up and had completely forgotten that I had promised myself to not forget. I had no clue! But then, when mom and I did some editing, the thought came to me: "you never wrote down that stuff from last night." And when I tried to remember what it was even about, what it even related to, I couldn't remember a thing!!!!

So later I just sat there, looking at my computer, not knowing when this "brilliant" part was even supposed to happen, and I drew a complete blank. Not until dad was recording downstairs and I was drowning him out with music for Book 2, did it finally come back to me. It was like a shock. Like, "OH."

Never again will I take an idea for granted!!!! From now on, no matter what ungodly hour it is, I will make myself write down anything that comes to me. I have a feeling whenever I've stumbled upon something worth writing down, and last night was one of those, and I did NOTHing! I feel so ungrateful! I've spent the last hour and a half (maybe more) writing. I don't want to forget it again! And even though it wasn't a very happy thing to write, I think I wrote it well and am pleased with it.

Phew! I was so scared that I had lost that part of the book! I'm so glad it came back to me. :)

0 comments: