CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Debates

No, not the presidential kind...

I've been busy working on the BLUE series and wondering how dark and off the edge I should go. My friend and I have gone back and forth debating about things, and I'm glad I have him to talk to outloud about this!  Our debates are about where the point is where I allow my characters a chance for escape or relief, or if I should keep pushing them and pushing them until they only have room to do something extremely drastic that isn't exactly moral or ethical.

Ideally, I want my characters to do the right thing, but is my job to write what I wish would happen, or what *needs* to happen? I wrote out the part in question, and it's quite gritty and icky, and I actually really really like it.  It makes the story deeper, darker, and in a way more realistic--because not everything in life works out nicely and neatly, all boxed up in a pretty little package that's all sparkles and glitter. (^_^;)  But then I wonder what my parents would think..!  Will this set more conservative readers on edge? Most likely, YES.

0 comments: